Still in progress: 1862 sheer dress

I've budgeted out my time and remaining tasks to do on this dress, and I should be able to put it all together in a week if I stay on schedule! Which, thanks to hours and hours worth of work on it today, I am.

...although I'll be in trouble if my 25-more-yards-of-silk-ribbon doesn't ship quickly! *chews nails* 40 yards apparently isn't nearly enough!

Anyway, where we are now.
Two more flounces to go on the skirt, and then attach the skirt and bodice. Doable. (Also that's a 21-yard ruche. I felt you all needed to know that - because it was horrible.)

Comments

  1. It's looking good! I'm always amazed at how much fabric flounces and ruching eats up. On my list of projects to complete this summer is updating the trim on my 18th century silk sacque. I'm terrified I would have enough fabric to do the trim how I want. I can't get any more either as it's something I purchased about 5 or 6 years ago when I first made the gown.
    -Emily

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oops, I meant I'm terrified that I WON'T have enough fabric. :)
      -Emily

      Delete
    2. Thanks! And I hope you have enough fabric for your trim - it's so frustrating when you don't have enough fabric and know you can't get more!

      Delete
  2. Have you seen this dress at the Met? I hadn't come across it before. It's got a skirt just like the one you're working on!

    http://www.metmuseum.org/Collections/search-the-collections/80061649?rpp=20&pg=2&ft=ball+gown&deptids=8&when=A.D.+1800-1900&pos=34

    Best,
    Quinn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hadn't seen that one - thanks for pointing it out. Cool!!

      Delete

Post a Comment