Not pictures, sorry

An interim post - I seem to have lost my camera cable, which makes it difficult to show you the Fort Fred pictures! Oopsie.

In the meantime, I'd like to direct your attention to the plight of Your Wardrobe Unlock'd (and its sister site, Foundations Revealed) - it's a wonderful online resource for articles about historical clothing. There are how-to's on everything from death's head buttons to making your own back-seamed 20th century stockings!

I haven't read a quarter of the articles yet, since I just subscribed yesterday, but in my opinion it's going to be well worth it! And I'm sharing with you all because they're in the midst of a subscriber push - they need to bump their numbers up to 700 subscribers in the next two weeks to even keep the site running.

If you've thought about subscribing but never got round to it (like me!), or if you've never heard of the site, or if you've just let your subscription lapse...now is a good time to sign up! There are some articles you can read for free to get a sense of the information you'll get, and you get a discount for signing up for both Foundations Revealed and Your Wardrobe Unlock'd.

Here is Cathy Hay's original post about the future of YWU and FR, and here's the FAQ for the site (explaining a bit about it if you're unfamiliar). They're now up to 601 members, but there's still a ways to go.

This is a very small, very specialized community we're a part of, as historical costumers (or whatever you like to identify with! Even just history lovers), and these sites won't attract a bigger audience if we don't share...so I'm sharing! :)

(Back to your regularly scheduled costuming once I find that wretched camera cable...)

Comments