Monday, February 15, 2016

Sewing green stuff

Pelisse: Still looks the same, although I finally motivated myself to gear up so I could see whether I wanted the CF to meet edge to edge, or overlap (overlap, it was decided). So I've finished almost all the edges I need to before I can start putting on the fur - just one more side of the CF to do. And now of course the weather forecast is far too warm for next weekend, which is when I intended to wear it! Here's hoping it changes...

Pierrot jacket: Oh, I started a late 18thc jacket. It is also green, hence the post title. I don't really need it, but hey. When has that ever stopped me before? Inspired mainly by the little jacket in the KCI collection, but not directly copied. Terrible nighttime picture I took of it a few days ago, before I sternly told myself I should finish the pelisse first (even if I don't get to wear it):
Hard to tell, but the fabric's sage-green satin with bronze stripes and I think it's very nice! Bought it as a remnant from Renaissance Fabrics last summer because it was pretty, haha. I've also got the shoulder straps fitted and sewn on since I took the photo, so I just have to do the sleeves. Jackets are so gratifyingly quick to do!

Monday, February 8, 2016

Pelisse progress

Yes, it took me a whole week to make sleeves and put them in.
Unimpressive proof of said sleeves.
Oh, but I also stitched in some twill tape to the inner waist to give it some stability. That took a very long time. *nods*
No, it really didn't.
Oh, and I made myself another 1950s skirt for modern wear - blue and black tartan cotton flannel, that I wore yesterday and didn't take a picture of. Maybe next time I wear it!